This policy sets out the approach Jumbo Interactive Pty Ltd ("Jumbo") has adopted in its collection and management of personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles ("NPPs") under the Privacy Act 1988.
Jumbo owns and operates the Lottery Results Network, which includes the following websites, from one of which you would have been directed to this policy and to which the policy relates:
Jumbo operates these websites as a network of portals specializing in the collection and publishing of lottery results from around the world. In addition to this Jumbo also provides a range of lottery information, tools and services for free and as paid services to members of the public.
Jumbo is committed to the protection of the personal information of individuals and is bound by the NPPs under the Privacy Act 1988.
To ensure that Jumbo protects its members and visitors privacy in accordance with the NPPs, Jumbo is committed to ensuring the collection, accuracy, storage, security, use, disclosure and destruction of personal information is compliant with the NPPs.
Jumbo will ensure its employees receive training in the proper handling of personal information. Access to information held by us will be limited to authorised people on a strict need-to-know basis relevant to their roles and responsibilities.
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined.
The personal information that Jumbo collects about you may include your:
- Date of birth
- Country address
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Financial institution account details
- Credit card details
- Usernames and passwords for your account
Personal information is essentially collected through the Jumbo websites for the primary purpose of administering the lottery-based information services, ensuring that members receive accurate information they have requested, and improving service levels to customers.
Personal information is collected from you in the following ways:
- Through our websites and communications between you and us by correspondence (such as email, fax, letter, phone);
- Our transaction records relating to the purchase of lottery information subscriptions and services;
- Third parties such as our affiliates, our suppliers, or your representatives; and
- The use of 'cookies'.
What are 'cookies'?
- 'Cookies' are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser.
- 'Cookies' enable our system to recognise your browser and maintain your purchasing details in your shopping basket as well as your log-in status whilst using our websites.
- By disabling 'cookies', you will not be able to participate in some of the features offered by Jumbo.
- Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive 'cookies', you may adjust your Internet browser to disable or to warn you when 'cookies' are used. As there are many browsers in the marketplace, the easiest way to change your settings is by searching for 'cookies' in your Help/Contents and Index options on your browser.
- We recommend that you leave your 'cookies' enabled; otherwise you will not be able to login to password protected areas or use member only features.
- Our 'cookies' don't send us back any information about your computer or any other information on your hard drive.
Jumbo is committed to the protection of your personal information from unauthorized access. We use a range of security mechanisms and procedures to protect the personal information we hold about you.
Jumbo makes all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information is stored securely both in electronic and physical forms, and complies with the NPPs. The website pages from which you may forward to us personal information are encrypted through a password protected portal using 128 bit SSL encryption. However, there may be risks associated when transferring your personal information to us from other internet facilities or by email.
Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed in accordance with the legislation and NPPs.
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your name, age, address and identity;
- Provide you with lottery-based gaming products and services;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Research and develop our services;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- Communicate new products and services to you, by Jumbo for marketing purposes, including and at times, the opportunity to take up special promotions and offers. You have an "opt-out" option to this communication by following the one-click unsubscribe link available at the bottom of every promotional message. We only send periodical communications to individuals who have "opted in" to receive these. We do not "spam" our customers in any manner;
- Address any query, feedback or complaints you may have; and
- Contact you for any other reason.
Jumbo may disclose your information to:
- Your authorised representative (e.g. legal advisers) but only upon receipt of your written authorisation;
- Unrelated third parties to enable outsourcing of relevant functions relating to the provision of lottery-based gaming products and services and only for the primary purpose of providing those functions;
- Professional advisers including but not limited to accountants, auditors and legal advisers; and
- Courts, Government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law.
All requests to access personal information must be made in writing or by email and addressed to the Privacy Officer at the addresses listed at the end of this document. It is Jumbo policy to respond to any such request within a reasonable timeframe. Jumbo will generally not charge you for making requests to access any information held about you, however, we reserve the right to undertake cost recovery for the provision of such information where it is justified.
Information about the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
If you have a complaint regarding Jumbo's management of your personal information or wish to correct information held by us or wish further information please contact us. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner by contacting 1300 363992 or by visiting the website www.privacy.gov.au.
Jumbo Interactive Pty Ltd
PO BOX 1297
Milton QLD 4064
+61 7 3831 3705 (phone)
+61 7 3369 7844 (fax)